About the Company
For over 50 years, Red Lion has strived to be THE Industrial Data Company™. The company empowers industrial organizations around the world to unlock the value of data by developing and manufacturing innovative solutions to access, connect and visualize their information. Red Lion products make it easy for companies to gain real-time data visibility that drives productivity. Red Lion is part of Spectris plc, the experts in providing insight through precision measurement.
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Hybrid Role: Home Office / Dinkelsbühl, Germany
The Technical Manager Europe position is a customer-focused position.
Leads a team of technically skilled professionals supporting both Pre- and Post-sales customers in the region.
As a leader of the team, you will interface with customers as well as many Red Lion Controls teams daily, to efficiently and effectively resolve the technical challenges our customers encounter. The Technical Manager Europe will guide the teams to carry out the vision, strategies and goals set by leadership.
This role will work in conjunction with cross-functional leadership, Sales, Technology leadership, and direct reports. This role will participate in back office sales support and project estimation.
On a daily basis, the Technical Manager Europe can expect the following:
- Working with Customers, Sales, Product Management, Quality and Customer Services Teams to ensure all customer cases are addressed quickly and correctly the first time.
- Supporting the FAE- and Technical support team who lead internal or external projects from initiation to delivery
- Managing career paths by coaching, mentoring & training direct and indirect reports. Holding associates accountable for their work by setting goals & expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness.
- Developing and ensure timely delivery of internal technical training and external product/technology trainings to channel partners & customers
- Supporting knowledge transfer between Red Lion and MB Connect Line and coordinate a smooth integration of the technical teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Structure the team, build processes, create a vision for the Application and Support group, work and advocate with the business teams, work with product and R&D to lead the changes the team needs
- Ability to lead a team of experts all working together to win major opportunities.
- Develop training structure and culture, which will support our internal sales and technical teams, and external customers / partners.
- Ability to convey customer requirements and challenges to Product Management and R&D. Help develop solutions to solve customers’ challenging problems.
- Proactive guidance of the FAE team by supporting the sales team in technical challenging presales activities, when presenting, qualifying and testing applications for potential customers.
- Creating a smart, efficient and time conscious escalation system ensuring urgent issues requiring more in-depth knowledge are handled quickly and completely
- Manage process of working with the business tools (e.g. Zendesk, Live Agent, Salesforce, My Factory) and support the integration process to come to a unified set of tools.
- Supporting Marketing with application notes of best practice wins and supporting sales with NPI promotion activities.
Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of: Be True, Own It, Aim High
- Lead a team of Technical support experts in Europe
- Lead a team of Field Application Engineers in Europe
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Five years’ experience in technical sales, preferably Industrial Automation and Networking background in at least one or more of the following verticals; Automotive, Food & Beverage, Manufacturing/OEM, Oil & Gas, Transportation, Utilities/Renewables and Water/Waste Water.
- High proficiency with verbal and written communication skills in English. Verbal and written communication skills in German
- Proficient computer skills to include the Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet Explorer and experience working with CRM systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organisational and anticipatory skills to effectively interface with all levels of management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Strong executive presence, presentation skills and business acumen.
- Strong customer service focus and experience working with end users.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise while multi-tasking.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Travel up to 30% within the Europe region and with occasional travel to other international Red Lion facilities and customers.
Click on the following button and send your application documents by e-mail or use the application management system.
Send Mail Application to:
Questions about the Job?
You still have questions about the job. Click on the button below to contact us directly.